I feel like I’m never gonna run outta art journaling material with the mood swings I’m having lately. Woah. One minute I’m feeling intensely happy, the next I feel like I never want to leave my bed and I want to cancel every appointment and return my adulthood to wherever it came from ’cause I don’t want it.
Life is hard, baby. And this week’s Get Messy Art Journal spread is a note to self. A reminder that everything’s probably gonne be just fine.
The best way to mix color and modeling paste is to:
- Lay out a craft sheet (or another flat, plastic-y surface that won’t absorb the product or break when you mix).
- Pour ink mist (or whatever medium you’re using) into the sheet. Most dye ink pads (especially Distress inks) can be rubbed onto the sheet for color.
- Scoop modeling paste onto the craft sheet with a spatula. Place is next to the color.
- Use the spatula to smear the color into the paste.
- Keep smearing/scooping back and forth on the sheet until the mixture is nice and evenly colored. Or keep it unevenly colored if that floats your boat. Just make sure the texture is nice and thick all around.
- Done! Have fun applying to your project!
Thanks for stopping by, lovely.