Hello gang. Today I’m trying something new that I hope you’ll enjoy. Lots of scrappers are doing this lately: Making a mood board on Pinterest and creating a layout based on the images. That’s exactly what I’m doing today.
So I found these five images below. They aren’t too much alike so I think it’ll be challenge enough. :)
By the way, you can check out and follow my Pinspired Pinterest board here.
The mood board images are:
- ‘Currently’ list.
- Tattoo type image with flowers and fish.
- A colorful, fragmented sky.
- Girl in a lace dress.
- An iPhone cover with some pretty colors.
I gathered some items below that corresponds to the mood board.
- Currently stamp from rukristin.com.
- Watercolor paper, Sakura Micron 03 black pen and Windsor Newton watercolors for creating my own flower embellishments.
- Dylusions Bubblegum Pink ink spray, Audrey and Honor Society mists from Studio Calico.
- Big doily (kinda hard to see but it’s there). :)
- Patterned paper from Front Row kit by Studio Calico, Paper Adventure paper by Echo Park and a roll of yellow washi. All to match the colors of the cover.
I started by drawing a flower and some leaves with the black pen and coloring it in with watercolors. I zapped it with a heat gun and cut them out with scissors. Nothing too fancy.
I love how the paint looks when dried by heat gun. Very splotchy and drippy. When it air dries it tends to look softer.
Pssst. If you want to learn more about using watercolors in your paper crafting projects, be sure to sign up for my newsletter to receive a release notice (and a 50% discount!) on my upcoming watercolor class, Just Add Watercolor.
And here is my layout.
I’m loving my ‘Currently’ stamp. Yum! And I’m really pleased with how this turned out. It took me an hour to make, including painting and printing the photo. I wanted to finish fast so I could photograph it in natural light. ;)
Have you ever tried creating a layout using a mood board?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend.