Today I want to share some details about how I’m tackling Project Life in 2014. Let’s get right to it.
I’m using the Classic Faux Leather album by Becky Higgins in Grey. Yup, I’m going 12×12 now. By the way, that album label on the spine is a free printable I found in the freebie section on beckyhiggins.com. Tons of good stuff there.
Above you see how far I’ve come with my Project Life so far. Obviously we’re not even a full week into 2014 yet so I’ll show you my title page and a few days worth of documenting.
Here is my title page. I’m using Project Life Page Protector Design J.
On the front I have a die-cut ‘Hello Twenty 14’ card, a photo of us, a little envelope (empty but very pretty), some more pretty filler, our initials and ages, plus some journaling on my/our wishes for the coming year.
On the back there is pretty much only filler, along with a bit of journaling about where we are right now in our lives (kindergarten, work) and how we’re liking it.
I really love how this bigger format allows for more filler stuff. Sometimes the 6×8 I did before seemed so crammed. I love a bit of breathing room.
And here you see the title page alongside the beginning of week 1. It’s a work in progress but I couldn’t help but start already.
Mmm, layered all nicely in the album with the frosted Project Life sheet lifter still in it.
I also want to go over a few of the things I’ll be using this year.
- Week Number Cards by me. ‘Cause last year I messed up my weeks (one went missing). Also, I like a recurring element and this is neutral and neat.
- Currently List Cards by rukristin.com. These lists are just awesome for some easy, meaningful journaling. I find that this is the kind of stuff I want to remember later.
- Corner Rounder by EK Success. So yeah, I’m also changing it up by going round this year. I love straight corners but round is pretty cute too and I”ll be able to use my Studio Calico + Clementine core kit + Albums Made Easy cards.
- Good Words by me. These 2×2 embellishments have some of my favourite quotes plus nice everyday sentiments on them. I hope to include these often.
- WeR Albums Made Easy Captured Cardstocks Cards. These are so cute! Great colors and a nice grid design in the same color on the backside. So versatile.
- Clementine Core Kit by Becky Higgins. I hope to use some of these cards. I bought them for documenting 2011 but only made it to week 5. In other words, I got lots of these.
- Studio Calico 4×6 Paper Pads. These are genius. I love the thickness and the prints are way cute. Luckily I’ve been buying them every month for a while now so I’ve got plenty.
Close up of the Week Number Cards in action.
And the brand new Good Words printable, just released.
I’m excited to see how I’ll do on this project in 2014. I’ve probably bitten off more than I can chew – but I love a challenge. ;)
Good luck to all of you doing Project Life as well!
Note: Week Number Cards and Good Words are my own design and available in my Etsy shop. // Currently lists are a project by Kristin Tweedale of Rukristin.com. Especially worth checking out on Instagram. // Project Life is created by Becky Higgins. Project Life is available in the Two Peas store and tons of other places.